Lingering Accessories (collectively “we” ) respect the privacy rights of visitors to the Company’s website and of individuals who participate in, access or sign up to any of the Company’s services or online content (collectively referred to as “Services”). We endeavor to ensure that all our collection, transmission, storage, and usage of personal data shall be carried out in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“PDPO”).
The term “personal data” shall have the meaning ascribed to it by PDPO.
The privacy practices of this statement apply to our services available under the domain and subdomains of www.lingeringaccessories.co (the "Site"), which shall hereinafter be referred to as the “Lingering Accessories”
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Personal data collected from you may be used by the Company for:
– identifying you and any accounts you hold with us
– identity verification
– enabling the provision of the Services and membership benefits to you
– processing of implementation of the contract, payment instructions, or delivery in relation to the provision of paid services
– processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services
– order processing, billing, and fulfillment
– direct marketing, promotion, and surveying in relation to the Services
– conducting research, statistical analysis, and behavioral analysis
– customer profiling and analyzing your purchasing preferences
– making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services or goods and services that may interest you or them
– customizing the Company’s website and its content to your particular preferences
– provisioning of customer services
– handling your complaints and account inquiries
– fraud prevention and detection
– any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
As a Lingering Accessories member, you may elect to provide a valid email address at registration and choose a username or alias that may represent your identity on Lingering Accessories. Depending on which services you choose to use, we may require additional information, such as billing address, telephone number, and/or a physical mailing address. We may contact individual users to confidentially request more information about their identities or items listed on the site, to ensure compliance with our rules and policies. You may optionally choose to provide your full name and other personal information (such as birthday, gender, location) to other users on Lingering Accessories in connection to your account and activity. Your username or alias is publicly displayed and connected to your Lingering Accessories activity. Other people may see your date joined, feedback, ratings, profile information, listed items, liked items, followers, and comments on Lingering Accessories. We automatically receive and record some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies, and data [Anything else we collect on the website] about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps us analyze and understand how the site works for members and visitors, and provide a more personalized experience for members and visitors. Some members or visitors may connect to or register a Lingering Accessories account using an external third-party application, such as Facebook. We may receive some data from those connected third-party applications. Connecting your Lingering Accessories account to third-party applications or services is optional. We may receive or collect information (e.g. email address) about a person who is not yet a registered Lingering Accessories member (a “non-member”) in connection with certain Lingering Accessories features, including but not limited to: a non-member subscribing to a SHOPLINE newsletter, a member inviting a non-member to visit the Site or a non-member engaging in a transaction. Non-member information is used only for the purpose for which it was originally submitted to us. A non-member can contact Lingering Accessories through email "firstname.lastname@example.org" if they do not want Lingering Accessories to retain any of their information. We use the information described in this policy to provide and improve our services, for billing and payments, for identification and authentication purposes, to contact members or interested parties, and for general research and aggregate reporting. Lingering Accessories’ User Agreement requires all account owners to be at least 18 years of age (or have the permission and supervision of a responsible parent or legal guardian), therefore, this policy does not discuss the use of our site or services by minors. At times, we may look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular, we may examine your personal information to identify users using multiple user IDs or aliases. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions, and accuracy. You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze usage of the Site, improve our content and product offerings, and customize the website’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve Lingering Accessories and better tailor our service to meet your needs, so as to provide you with an efficient, safe and customized shopping experience while using Lingering Accessories.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Types of personal data collected by Lingering Accessories may include:
– Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, and mailing address;
– Your account details, including first and last 4 digits of credit card account numbers, or user accounts;
– Personal information required for any paid services such as name, address, contact number, and account details of the payer and the recipient; and
– IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records, inappropriate usage history, advertising identifier (when using mobile gadgets), and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device.
※ The above personal data applies to any updates in your personal information provided.
3. CONFIDENTIALITY, DISCLOSURE, AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Lingering Accessories does not transmit your personal information and contact information to any third party without your consent. All personal data collected and held by Lingering Accessories will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for Lingering Accessories to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
– Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions, or organizations;
– Lingering Accessories’ associated companies, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sale and marketing, administration, or provision of the Services;
– Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to Lingering Accessories including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, academic research organizations, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
– Banks, financial institutions, credit card issuing companies, or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions, or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to Lingering Accessories on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by Lingering Accessories are stored in a secure and safe place. All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
4. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE HONG KONG
If necessary, Lingering Accessories may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
5. ENTRUSTMENT OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
To improve our Services and facilitate our incidental business, Lingering Accessories may entrust any third-party company to process personal data. As required by applicable laws, all reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that the appropriate processing of users’ personal data is regulated by the terms of the entrustment agreement and will be strictly followed.
6. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
7. DIRECT MARKETING
Lingering Accessories intends to use the personal data collected from you in direct marketing and Lingering Accessories requires your consent for that purpose. Your name, telephone number, email address, contact address, social media contacts, products and service portfolio information, transaction pattern and behavior, browsing records, content viewing habits, and personal interest held by Lingering Accessories may be used by Lingering Accessories in direct marketing of the Services.
We may contact you by mail, telephone, social media, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt-out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or an unsubscribe link provided. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data without charge to you.
Upon receipt of your request for subscription cancellation, we shall stop sending you any promotional materials. When we first send you promotional materials, we shall indicate their promotional nature and the contact details of the sender.
– recognize you whenever you visit this website
– obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behavior, online movements, and use of the Internet
– keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
– carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests
– target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalized to your interests
– make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
– enable tighter security
9. LINKS AND USER-GENERATED CONTENT
Users enjoy the rights in respect of their personal data held by organizations. At the same time, users have the obligation to protect their own personal data as well as others’.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any user-generated content submitted is free from falsification, damage, or elimination. However, if the User Content includes any material that may be illegal, defamatory, obscene, offensive, harmful to the safety of any person, aimed at harassing any person, or otherwise is inappropriate for display on our site, Lingering Accessories reserves the right to remove the related content. Users of our website should be liable for all User Content submitted.
We shall not be liable to you for any problems resulting from the provision of inaccurate information. Lingering Accessories reserves the right at our sole discretion to suspend the membership of users who steal others’ information or provide false information. You agree to be held liable for any voluntary provision of personal information. We shall not be liable to you for mistakes that are not resulting from us. You warrant that you will make efforts to avoid the leak of membership information such as personal passwords, and you will not infringe or harm others’ personal information and rights.
10. DATA ACCESS, CORRECTION, AND DELETION
If you have submitted personal information to Lingering Accessories, you have the following rights:
Access and correction: you have the right to access to that data. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you, we will provide it to you free of charge. Before providing personal information to you, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. If the information we hold about you is incorrect, you may ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal information.
Request for deletion: you may have the right to request us to delete your personal information and data. If you would like to have your information and data deleted, you can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting Lingering Accessories by writing to the following address and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request, so long as it is consistent with applicable law and professional standards.
Lingering Accessories reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request as permitted by the PDPO.
11. AMENDMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
We will announce on our website if any Third-Party Service Providers engaged by us are given the right to access your personal information.